We're lucky to build products that bring joy to people and allow them to splitboard places they otherwise couldn't. We are as excited to help splitboarders get out in the backcountry and explore as we are about getting out ourselves. We’re looking for awesome individuals who want to share our stoke for snowboarding, splitboarding, and building bindings.
Some of the perks for working at Spark R&D include:
- Flexible scheduling
- Winter really drives who we are as a company, to reflect this we offer Shred Wednesdays so we can all have an extra day to ride and remember why are are doing what we're doing!
- Summer in Bozeman is amazing! Depending on workloads we accommodate a number of different ways to take advantage of what Montana has to offer.
- Employee discounts on Spark R&D gear as well as other discounts extending through the snowboard industry and beyond.
- Demo product in case you don't have your own splitboard equipment yet, or just want to try something new.
- Sweet Spark R&D swag and apparel.
- Work with an amazing and passionate group of people.
Applicable to full time permanent positions:
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- Healthcare reimbursement program
Check out the positions below and drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you.
Production Planner & Supervisor
Spark R&D is hiring a Senior Production Manager & Planner. The main role of this position is to plan and schedule production runs to ensure that shipping deadlines and annual production goals are met. This person will oversee the execution of the plan by the production team, consistently monitor and modify, communicate progress, and meet unforeseen production issues with creative solutions.
Production planning & execution:
- Create, maintain and communicate production plan for machining, screw machine, anodizing, plastics, printing, preassembly and assembly departments for Spark products as well as OEM work.
- Account for changeovers, preventative machine maintenance time, and tradeshow samples in Production Schedule.
- Utilize forecasts to estimate raw material, component needs and timing of purchases. Communicate to the Production Manager for material ordering.
- Continuously monitor progress on production plan and provide timely feedback and direction to all departments, address delays to maintain delivery dates.
- Obtain accurate data from Production Manager on production times for each part, monitor any deviation in expected output, and modify the plan accordingly.
- Ensure that all BOM, UOM, & Conversions are correct in the ERP system and that all Work Orders are entered and are being fulfilled on time and correctly. Examine individual production steps within the ERP system to ensure work flow is moving and being efficiently tracked.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by facilitating scheduled cycle counts throughout the season. Initiate, plan, and coordinate year-end inventory count. Investigate discrepancies to ensure the problem is not repeated in the future.
- Provide insight into production impact and challenges due to future product and facility changes.
- Motivate, encourage, celebrate, coach and discipline employees. Promote employee involvement while facilitating positive organizational change.
- Review production goals with staff daily to determine if goals were met. If not, determine what factors prevented the attainment of production goals and facilitate the improvement.
- Analyze labor and yield efficiencies for each shift. Work with production team to improve any deviations from what was expected, or if necessary, update the expectation.
- Review labor schedules and conducts weekly production meetings.
- Communicate Work Orders to the Production Manager to pass along to the production team.
- Use creative problem solving to keep departments on schedule. Seek approval from superiors for use of excessive overtime, temp staff, moving tasks out of house etc.
- Foster communication and cooperation between departments and team members to address problems and find solutions. Identify best use of employees between departments.
- Hire and train employees that will be managed directly.
- Enforce a safe and clean work environment. Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures, and update and evolve them with heavy influence from department managers.
Maintain clean and organized desk area, email system, and computer files.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, incorporating state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional organizations.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in production planning and/or management.
- Experience working or supervising in a multi-product, multi-process manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with ERP and production planning software.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop a team of employees. Must be able to effectively collaborate to drive cultural change.
- High level of attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and able to learn new software quickly.
- Technical Aptitude.
This is a full-time, permanent position starting immediately. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include: Health Insurance Reimbursement Program, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Simple IRA, gym membership reimbursement, season’s pass to Bridger Bowl, and R&D opportunities.
Please send a cover letter stating your interest and applicable skills and experience along with a resume to Will@sparkrandd.com.