We're lucky to build products that bring joy to people and allow them to splitboard places they otherwise couldn't. We are as excited to help splitboarders get out in the backcountry and explore as we are about getting out ourselves. We’re looking for awesome individuals who want to share our stoke for snowboarding, splitboarding, and building bindings.
Some of the perks for working at Spark R&D include:
- Flexible scheduling
- Winter really drives who we are as a company, to reflect this we offer Shred Wednesdays so we can all have an extra day to ride and remember why are are doing what we're doing!
- Summer in Bozeman is amazing! Depending on workloads we accommodate a number of different ways to take advantage of what Montana has to offer.
- Employee discounts on Spark R&D gear as well as other discounts extending through the snowboard industry and beyond.
- Demo product in case you don't have your own splitboard equipment yet, or just want to try something new.
- Sweet Spark R&D swag and apparel.
- Work with an amazing and passionate group of people.
Applicable to full time permanent positions:
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- Healthcare reimbursement program
Check out the positions below and drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you.
The Production Manager is directly responsible for department scheduling, material purchasing, ERP system compliance, overall quality control, and special project execution.
Production planning & execution:
Schedule and communicate production plan for machining, screw machine, anodizing, plastics, printing, pre-assembly and assembly departments. Account for changeovers, preventative machine maintenance, prototyping, and tradeshow samples.
Continuously monitor progress on production plan and provide timely feedback and direction to all departments, address delays to maintain delivery dates. Monitor any deviation in expected output and modify the plan accordingly.
Utilize forecasts to estimate raw material and component needs. Coordinate purchases and purchase timing with exec team and department management to satisfy budgetary constraints. Contact suppliers for quotations, negotiate pricing, draft purchase orders and coordinate shipments. Communicate with staff on material consumption to plan for reorders without stocking out. Generally responsible for purchasing of any item listed in a product bill of materials.
- Coordinate incoming freight shipments with department managers and Shipping Manager and ensure respective departments physically receive and organize material deliveries.
- Monitor use of ERP system for accuracy (i.e. BOMs, quantities entered, work orders, movement through system etc.). Address discrepancies and work with production team to eliminate errors.
- Maintain proper inventory levels by facilitating scheduled cycle counts throughout the season. Initiate, plan and coordinate year-end inventory count. Investigate discrepancies to ensure the problem is not repeated in the future.
- Provide accurate WIP reports for all OEM production and timelines to exec team. Work with production team on OEM product specs to ensure final products and samples match Reference Drawings.
- Be the lead on OEM work and tradeshow samples.
- Work with all necessary departments to ensure proper quality control documentation and compliance from function to aesthetics.
- Notify Machining Manager when needs for repairs or improvements on tooling and equipment are needed.
- Motivate, encourage, celebrate, coach and discipline employees. Promote employee involvement while facilitating positive organizational change. Hire and train employees that will be managed directly.
- Communicate production responsibilities to production team i.e. part quantities, quality requirements and due dates via Work Orders and discussion. Review labor schedules.
- Lead weekly production meetings. Review production goals to determine if goals were met. If not, determine what factors prevented the attainment of production goals and facilitate the improvement.
- Analyze labor and yield efficiencies. Work with production team to improve any deviations from what was expected, or if necessary, update the expectation.
- Foster communication and cooperation between departments and team members to address problems and find solutions. Use creative problem solving to keep departments on schedule. Seek approval from exec team for use of excessive overtime, temp staff, moving tasks out of house etc.
- Enforce a safe and clean work environment. Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures, and update and evolve them with heavy influence from department managers.
- Participate in the weekly development meeting. Provide insight into production impact and challenges due to future product and facility changes.
- Maintain a clean and organized desk area, email system, and computer files.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, incorporating state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional organizations.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in production planning and/or management.
- Experience working or supervising in a multi-product, multi-process manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with ERP and production planning software.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop a team of employees. Must be able to effectively collaborate to drive cultural change.
- High level of attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and able to learn new software quickly.
- Technical Aptitude.
This is a full-time, permanent position starting immediately. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include: Health Insurance Reimbursement Program, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Simple IRA, gym membership reimbursement, season's pass to Bridger Bowl, and R&D opportunities.
Please send a cover letter stating your interest and applicable skills and experience along with a resume to Will@sparkrandd.com.
A little about us:
We're lucky to build products that bring joy to people and allow them to splitboard places they otherwise couldn't. We are as excited to help splitboarders get out in the backcountry and explore as we are about getting out ourselves. We're looking for awesome individuals who want to share our stoke for snowboarding, splitboarding, and building bindings.
Our bindings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyRQGPfT79M
Summer Party 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3fI1YYJgVg