We're lucky to build products that bring joy to people and allow them to splitboard places they otherwise couldn't. We are as excited to help splitboarders get out in the backcountry and explore as we are about getting out ourselves. We’re looking for awesome individuals who want to share our stoke for snowboarding, splitboarding, and building bindings.
Some of the perks for working at Spark R&D include:
- Flexible scheduling
- Winter really drives who we are as a company, to reflect this we offer Shred Wednesdays so we can all have an extra day to ride and remember why are are doing what we're doing!
- Summer in Bozeman is amazing! Depending on workloads we accommodate a number of different ways to take advantage of what Montana has to offer.
- Employee discounts on Spark R&D gear as well as other discounts extending through the snowboard industry and beyond.
- Demo product in case you don't have your own splitboard equipment yet, or just want to try something new.
- Sweet Spark R&D swag and apparel.
- Work with an amazing and passionate group of people.
Applicable to full time permanent positions:
- SIMPLE IRA Plan
- Healthcare reimbursement program
Check out the positions below and drop us a line, we’d love to hear from you.
Spark R&D is hiring a CNC machinist. Duties include:
- Design prototype and production tooling.
- Program vertical and horizontal milling machines for production, prototype and sample parts.
- Machine prototype and sample parts along with test runs of production parts.
- Troubleshoot production machining issues and address CAM, fixturing, operator issues and equipment as needed.
- Advise on software and equipment needs.
- Suggest design changes for improved production or performance of parts.
- Maintain machining centers.
- Fill in on machine shop floor as needed.
- QC production parts as needed.
- Assist and advise Machining Manager and Machine Shop Floor Manager with hiring, scheduling, training, and managing of Mill Operators
- Degree or certificate in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field.
- 2+ years of on the job experience in programming and running CNC machining centers.
- Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD program.
- Experience with SolidCAM or similar CAM program.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office or similar programs.
This is a full-time, permanent position starting immediately. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include: Health Insurance Reimbursement Program, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Simple IRA, gym membership reimbursement and more.
Please send a cover letter stating your interest and applicable skills and experience along with a resume to Will@sparkrandd.com.
A little about us:
We're lucky to build products that bring joy to people and allow them to splitboard places they otherwise couldn't. We are as excited to help splitboarders get out in the backcountry and explore as we are about getting out ourselves. We're looking for awesome individuals who want to share our stoke for snowboarding, splitboarding, and building bindings.
Our bindings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyRQGPfT79M
Summer Party 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3fI1YYJgVg