We have a great appreciation for the role avalanche centers play in our local backcountry communities. Our local center, the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center, does a tremendous job informing and educating backcountry users, new and experienced, in Southwest Montana.
We’ve created a photo + caption contest where you can win $1,000 for your local avy center and some fresh Spark R&D splitboard bindings simply by telling us about the work your local center is doing.
- Go to Facebook or Instagram.
- Post a backcountry-themed photo. It could be a landscape, a touring shot, a selfie, or a sick photo of you getting wicked on your splitty. You need to be splitboarding / touring or the subject of the photo is out on a splitboard mission to be eligible.
- In the caption – sing the praises of your local avy center. Tell us how they are doing a good job, how you utilize their services, how they are keeping your community informed and safe, share a story of a time they made a big impact on one of your split missions, or just encourage them to keep up the good work! There is no caption word limit, so share some details and be creative!
- The photo is important, but your caption will be weighted more heavily than the picture you choose.
- Tag @sparkrandd and your local center in the post (you can just write their name if they don’t have a handle), and also use the hashtag #ISupportMyLocalAvyCenter.
Boom, you’re entered. Spark R&D will choose 5 finalists, all of whom will win a Spark prize pack, and then one grand prize winner who gets:
- A $1,000 donation made in their name to their local center, and
- A set of Spark R&D ST Splitboard Bindings
All entries (posts) must be made by 11:59p MDT on March 9th. Please see the official rules if you’re really into the fine print.