I Support My Local Avy Center Video Contest
It is difficult to put to words the gratitude we feel for the avalanche centers all over the world and the services that they provide to our backcountry communities. Last year, to show our appreciation we held an Essay Contest to help raise funds and awareness for centers all over North America.
This season, we want to support the centers again, but we're changing up the contest a little. The grand prize is still $1,000 for the avy center of your choosing + a sweet set of Spark R&D bindings, but to enter, participants submit a short video of themselves talking about why they support their local center. The video should be posted to either their Facebook or Instagram channels and contain the hashtag #LocalAvyCenter. Here's a good example --> https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Q54JqFEPs/
What if I don't have a social media channel? Well, you'll still have to film a short video, but you can email the video or a video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use 'Local Avy Center' in the subject.
Here is Spark's co-owners, Becca Ritter, talking about the contest:
- Film a short video of yourself explaining why you support your local avalanche center.
- Be sure to name the avy center specifically.
- 60-second max
- Upload the video to your personal Facebook or Instagram account.
- In the copy, please tag @sparkrandd, the avy center account, and use the hashtag #LocalAvyCenter
- If you don't have social, email the video to email@example.com.
Dates and Prizing:
- The contest runs from Friday, December 6th, 2019 to Thursday, January 2nd, 2020.
- First prize is a set of Spark R&D Arc or Surge splitboard bindings and a $1,000 donation to the avy center represented in the video.
- Second prize is some sweet Spark swag and a $500 donation to the avy center represented in the video.
- Winners are chosen at the discretion of Spark R&D.
Click Here for the official rules.